Character Management System
The DPnP Character Management System is another component of the Digital Pen n Paper ™ suite of Role-Playing tools developed for PCs. The character manager allows you to create, edit, and manage Player Characters, Non-Player Characters, and Archetypes for any campaign created with the DPnP Campaign Resource Manager (CRM).
CRM Campaign files contain all the resources, rules, and formats used in a campaign. Using these created elements, the Character Management System (CMS) you can create fully compatible characters within the rules specified by that campaign. This easy to use application takes you step by step through each aspect of the character creation process. It even makes suggestions for character creation by looking at your character’s selected attributes, skills, etc. to easily help you make the best choices.
Break the Rules
You are not restricted by your chosen campaign’s rules. You can break them. For instance, while a campaign may allow only a certain amount of starting money, you may spend as much as you like. A report created with your character sheet reveals the steps you took in the character creation, including where and how you cheated. This feature allows for you to build characters that may conform to your Game Master’s rules, but not a specific campaign’s.
Manage Your Character
Game Master’s, through the CRM, have tools that will update your character from game sessions (including offline play). These updates take the form of money, equipment, and EXP. You can take this update and apply it to your character. Then, through character management you can quickly update your character by spending skill points, money, sell equipment, and more.
- Journal Management: Keep your character’s story up to date with threaded journals.
- Development Logs: The character manager logs your awarded and spent money, exp, and journals so you know how, when, and why you spent, changed, and modified the way you did.
- Focus Measurement: Easily track how focused your character build is with focus tracking bars that dynamically adjust during character creation. They measure your level of focus between Combat, Knowledge (which includes magic, psychic powers, and computer skills), and Social ability. The larger each bar, the more focused your character is in that particular aspect.
- XML and XHTML: export characters to XML format and use XHTML character sheets. This allows for easily created community character sheets that can take information directly from a character’s XML file. Familiar with XML and XHTML? Create your own character style sheets and share them with the community!
- Focus Tracker: as you create watch as each step will reflect the focus of your character. This shows you how much of your character’s potential is focused on groups such as Combat, Physical, Technical, and Social.
- Character Packs: Purchase character packs that are included with books such as Fantasy Sagas Paradigm, or printed adventures, or download community characters from the forum to build your own library of characters.
- Will come free with any Player’s Guidebook and will include the 5 character Archetypes from that guidebook.
(Background artwork and character artwork by Marco Morte for the upcoming adventure “Desecration”)