Posts Tagged “campaign resource”
Posted by: Ruel Knudson in Campaign Resource Manager, Developer Blog, DPnP, tags: Campaign, campaign resource, Campaign Resource Manager, Campaign World, campaigns, CRM, Digital Pen n Paper, E-RPG, galaxies, game rules, game world, planes of existence, Writing
Honestly, what is so great about that? Well, to be frank, it is the keystone of a campaign world. It is such a huge part of building and organizing a game world I am thinking of releasing it as a separate program. Read more to find out why.
Posted by: Ruel Knudson in Campaign Resource Manager, Developer Blog, DPnP, E-RPG General Development, Overall Development, Player Character Creator, tags: campaign resource, character creation program, character creator, character generator, Character Management System, Character Manager, computer program, CRM, development, Digital Pen n Paper, DPnP, E-RPG, PCC, RPG Applications, software, upcoming products, XML
I know I have been a poor blogger. I have not kept up these past weeks as I should. There are some good reasons for it, but the main reason is not important at all. You see, I found twitter not long ago, and I have been updating very frequently through there. This leaves me with very little to actually blog about. Not much of an excuse, but there it is. Anyways, onto thing you really want to know.
It seems like forever since we released anything new. Its an unfortunate side effect of being a small company with a huge amount of ambition. Unfortunately there must be a focus somewhere, and currently that focus is DPnP. But when will we get back to the business of creating and release game content? Soon, I hope. And the flood gates should open wide!
Posted by: Ruel Knudson in Campaign Resource Manager, Developer Blog, DPnP, Player Character Creator, tags: bells and whistles, campaign resource, character development, character generator, computer program, copying, CRM, DPnP, E-RPG, format, Mac, portability, software, virtual tabletop, windows application, XML
I know, I have been quiet. I have been sick with migraines and back problems (one compounds the other which compounds the former). Anyways, I am back, but that doesn’t mean a whole lot of catching up this week. It is a busy week for myself and my daughters. So, with having almost two weeks of very little progress, it is time to catch up, right? Well, with limited time, I think I can take what little time I have and apply some little bells and whistles. I am also looking at reintroducing some features. They key feature, XML files, will allow for third party application development that I think may a good topic for discussion. Primarily because it has been on my mind for some time.
Posted by: Ruel Knudson in , tags: campaign elements, campaign resource, content creation, development, DPnP, E-RPG, import and export, Modern Sagas, resource manager, user interface, windows application
The DPNP Campaign Resource Manager is a Windows Application designed to enable you to quickly, easily, and thoroughly create an entire E-RPG rulebook for your campaigns. You define every element of your E-RPG campaign from skills and items, to whether or not magic, firearms, or other campaign elements are included. You determine the rules for character creation, player character races, starting money, and more.
CRM: Developer Tool
The CRM is slated to become the developer’s tool for all future E-RPG products. The CRM’s versatility and ease of use promises to expand development initiatives by reducing creation time and by utilizing the CRM’s ballancing tools and automatic calculation features to allow our developers to focus on their creativity instead of rule mechanics.
All future E-RPG content will be developed using the CRM and other DPnP products such as the Character Creator and Manager and future products that depend on these two products. When you use the DPnP CRM you will be using the same tools that we at Ironwood will use to create our official content. You can feel sure that your own creations will fit smoothly into E-RPG games knowing that the automation and ballancing tools that are equiped in the program are guiding us in our efforts as well.
This list includes all features available in the DPnP Campaign Resource Manager.
- Full content creation of all available E-RPG elements including Fantasy Sagas features such as magic and psychic powers, and Modern Sagas elements such as firearms, explosives, and computer software.
- Create new skills, spells, items, magic items, races, psychic powers, environments, elements, toxins, traps, and more. Any feature of the E-RPG system is at your disposal to manipulate, create, and explore.
- Simple and easy to use wizards are the tools for creating each element. Furthermore, where ballancing is required a simple numerical gauge is used. You are not inhibited by this, allowing you to break the rules for your own creations.
- A simple user interface shows you all of your created content listed with information panels to dipslay the information as you created it.
- Reports allow you to customize the look of your content and print out the various elements or an entire campaign rule book!
- The program identifies your creations, and the creations of others, giving full credit for your creations, and your modifications. You can be proud to share your content with the SagasRPG.com community knowing that your work is recognized as your own.
- Import official elements into your campaign. These elements come free with E-RPG expansions and rulebooks sold in PDF formats. You can also purchase elements seperately.
- Import and Export just your content or entire campaigns to share with the online community.
- Import player created elements directly into your current campaign.
- Fully compatable with the DPnP program suite.
These features are expected to be implimented in final release but are not garunteed.
- Export your content in XML format for use in web development.
- Quick Sharing allows you to automatically upload your campaign elements when you export them, making them instantly avaialble for download at the sagasrpg.com forums.
- The CRM will be updated to allow for development of future campaign types, including the upcoming Sci-Fi Sagas Player’s Guidebook.
Setting Campaign Options
Showing Reports Selection
Formatting your report headings and fonts.
An example of a content manager tab showing skills. Skills and skill groups appear on the left panel with the informtation on the selected element displayed on the right.
Shows the skills manager tab with two associated wizards. The wizard on the left is for creating organizational skill groups, and on the right is the skill creation wizard.
This displays the wizard for exporting content. The elements you can select appear in the bottom left panel. Selecting an item will dipslay its informtation on the bottom right panel. The import wizard shares these same features allowing you to check exactly which content elements to import or export.